Sell back excess energy from your home solar energy system in Texas
Customers of our Renewable Rewards Buyback Plan will receive credit for 100% of the excess energy their solar system delivers back to the grid. Our buyback plan has multiple benefits, like:
- One-to-one buyback credits for any excess energy.
- Fixed-price electricity throughout the contract term.
- 100% clean electricity for any additionally required energy use.
- Easy credit rollover from month to-month.
And what’s more, the credit per kWh for the surplus energy you generate will be the same per kWh rate we charge for the Renewable Rewards electricity plan.
Am I eligible to enroll?
Review the steps below with the assistance of your utility and solar installer to make sure you’re the right fit for the plan:
- You must be a Texas customer.
- You must have a home solar system with a rated capacity less than 25 kW.
- You must have an Interconnection Agreement in place with your utility.
- You must have a meter installed by your utility that separately measures the in-flow and out-flow of electricity to and from your home.
Still have questions? We’ve got answers!
Learn more about the Renewable Rewards plan.
Go to FAQs >
Or, review how solar works for your home or office.
Read article >
Existing Texas customers, call us at 866-301-3120 to switch to the Renewable Rewards plan.
New customers in Texas can enroll in the Renewable Rewards plan by submitting the form below.