Texas Pollution Free™ Watersaver Plan with Smart Sprinkler Controller
Texas customers, choose 100% wind energy and receive a FREE Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller for your automatic sprinkler system, valued at $249. This can help you save money and protect the environment.
This easy-to-install controller can help reduce outdoor water usage by up to 50%, according to Rachio. The Rachio controller is connected to the Rachio platform through your home Wi-Fi and automatically adjusts for the right amount of water needed for your lawn so you can sit back, relax and enjoy your water savings.
If you prefer to be in the driver’s seat, control your home sprinkler system via the Rachio controller itself or remotely with your smartphone or tablet.
New Customers: Get StartedEnter your address (Texas only)
Benefits of the Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller
- Instantly take control from anywhere. Rachio gives you complete access to adjust your sprinkler system from your Android, iOS and laptop devices.
- Weather intelligence. Waters automatically based on past, present and future weather, and make seasonal adjustments. No need to worry about updating schedules.
- Saves you water and money. EPA WaterSense-certified smart watering, including automatic rain delays, can save you over 50% of your outdoor water use. Plus, it’s eligible for rebate options up to 100% of retail value.
- Easy installation. Replace your current controller within 30 minutes. Works with any sprinkler system up to 16 zones, with no special tools or expertise required, and connects with your home Wi-Fi.
- The most connected sprinkler controller. Integrates with Nest, Amazon Alexa, IFTTT, Wink, Control4, Nexia and other top-tier home automation systems for expanded functionality.
- Designed for the future. Cloud-based software allows for constant updates, expanded capabilities and integration with new platforms.
Why water conservation?
There’s a bigger picture when it comes to protecting the environment. Water, transportation and waste all contribute to your carbon footprint, in addition to energy consumption.
Converting wind energy to electricity doesn’t use any water. However, electricity made from conventional sources, especially nuclear and coal, requires a lot of water to produce. It also takes quite a bit of energy to collect, treat and distribute clean water. We call this the “energy-water” nexus.
Because of this connection, water conservation seemed like the obvious choice once we started looking at other ways to help our customers live more sustainably. The Pollution FreeTM Watersaver 24 lets you lower your carbon footprint on two fronts: by using 100% clean energy and conserving water.
Find out more about water conservation from the EPA’s WaterSense program or Simply Conserve®. Also, check out this blog post for additional info.