Carbon Offsets for Carbon Emissions
Carbon offsets are investments in projects that reduce or avoid carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions to combat climate change. This can include planting trees or optimizing energy efficiency.
While reducing direct contributions to your carbon footprint is ideal, carbon offsets help minimize your carbon impact caused by day-to-day activities like driving, flying and consuming electricity from fossil fuels.
Why Choose Green Mountain™ Carbon Offsets?
Since 1997, we have been committed to clean energy and changing the way electricity is made—and that promise extends to our carbon offsets. Our carbon offsets include:
- High quality standards: Our carbon offsets are sourced using industry-leading third-party certification standards, such as the Verified Carbon Standard, Climate Action Reserve and Clean Development Mechanism. These standards ensure that offsets are real, permanent, verifiable and beyond “business as usual.”
- A large portfolio of projects, including: methane capture at landfills and wastewater treatment facilities, forestry projects, energy efficiency and more.
- Experience in the market: Our tenured experience in clean energy helps consumers and businesses alike reduce their impact on the environment.
Purchasing Carbon Offsets
- Use this handy tool from the EPA to calculate your carbon footprint. Please note, the value returned is in pounds.
- To convert pounds to metric tons, divide the number of total pounds by 2,204. Round your value to the nearest ton.
- Enter the tons of CO2 emissions you produce in the dropdown box below.
- Determine what percentage of your total emissions you want to offset in the box below.
- Add to cart and check out via PayPal to purchase the carbon offsets.