Green living is a lifestyle. Basically, it’s making choices that conserve and preserve the Earth’s natural resources and habitats. Those choices may not be the popular choices among those you know, but they’re the environmentally ethical, eco-friendly choices.
Living green means you:
- Reduce your consumption of things that require natural resources or pollute the planet;
- Waste less;
- Rethink cultural norms and traditions; and
- Find cleaner solutions to everyday needs and wants.
When you do these things, you reduce your individual carbon footprint.
On your path to a more sustainable life, you may find yourself asking questions such as:
- "Why have I been doing it this way?"
- "Do I really need this?"
- "Can I use something I already own to accomplish the same thing?"
- "Is there a product I can substitute that uses natural ingredients instead of chemicals?"
Questions are good! Being mindful of your consumption is essential to clean, green living.
Choosing renewable energy is one of the most important—and easiest—things you can do to help protect the environment, but it isn’t the only thing. Here's your green guide for everyday living—simple-yet-powerful green living tips to help you live a more sustainable lifestyle.