Go further with Green-e® Energy certification
At Green Mountain Energy, we love being a part of your renewable energy journey, and we want to see your business go the distance with clean energy. That’s why we’re offering our business customers Green-e® Energy certified options as an easy way to demonstrate their commitment to corporate sustainability.
What does it mean to be Green-e® Energy certified?
The Center for Resource Solutions, a trusted global leader in clean energy certification, offers the Green-e® Energy certification program for businesses that want a hassle-free way to purchase verified renewable energy.
Green-e Energy certification means:
- All renewable content is verified by a third party.
- All CO2 and other greenhouse-gas-avoided benefits are attributed specifically to you.
- For certified electricity products, the product supports renewable energy projects in the same region as you.
Learn more here and at green-e.org.
Green-e® Energy certified products from Green Mountain Energy
Our business customers have the option of choosing these Green-e® Energy certified products:
Green Mountain Energy RECs
In addition to being Green-e® Energy certified, Green Mountain Energy RECs1 meet the environmental and consumer protection standards set forth by the nonprofit Center for Resource Solutions. All our RECs are tracked back to renewable energy projects that have been verified by an independent auditor. Because these are unbundled RECs and bought separately from electricity plans, you can purchase RECs from Green Mountain Energy no matter who provides your electricity.
Green Mountain Energy Certified Electricity TRE product:
Green Mountain Energy Certified Electricity TRE2 is a renewable commercial electricity product and also Green-e® Energy certified. The renewable content is 100% Texas wind, verified by an independent auditor.
When your business enrolls in the Green Mountain Energy Certified Electricity TRE product, you could be eligible to participate in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) Green Power Partnership program. The EPA created this program to encourage organizations to reduce their environmental impacts by choosing clean energy. We are happy to assist with your membership application if you’d like to become an EPA Green Power Partner.
As an EPA Green Power Partner, you’ll enjoy:
- EPA support and advice for promoting your green power commitment
- A profile page for your organization on the Green Power Partnership website
- Use of the EPA’s Green Power Partner logo on your website and marketing materials
- Tools and resources on the Green Power Partnership website to help communicate the environmental benefits of your decision to use renewable energy