Celebrate the red, white and blue by being more green.
Invite your friends and neighbors to a 4th of July party that’s marked by being green. Honor our nation’s independence with some eco-friendliness. You’ll set an example to party-goers that it’s possible to put the planet first in everything you do.
Be green when celebrating the red
When you hear or see the color red, doesn’t the word STOP come to mind? Use that as a reminder to stop and ask yourself, “Can I reuse or recycle what I’m about to toss in the trash?”
At your party, set up recycling stations for bottles, cans and paper waste. Leave markers at the stack of cups, so guests know that refilling and reusing is the way to go. And opt for serving pitchers of water instead of single-serve bottles.
Be green when celebrating the white
Feeling the July heat will probably have you thinking, “It’s white hot today. I need my air conditioning.”
Before the party starts, be efficiency savvy when it comes to your cooling usage:
- Schedule an A/C tune up, so your unit is running in tip-top shape on party day.
- Invest in a smart thermostat. It might influence guests to get one of their own.
- Replace air filters, unblock vents and clean around the outside unit.
- Increase the thermostat and turn on a ceiling fan. Consider a note posted on the thermostat to teach guests that running the ceiling fan counterclockwise will push cool air down, helping the room feel more comfortable.
Be green when celebrating the blue
We equate water with the color blue. So, use that as your reminder to conserve Earth’s resources. Be smart when it comes to water conservation and energy efficiency during and after the party:
- Be sure your dishwasher is completely full before hitting the start button.
- When hand-washing dishes, avoid running the water; fill one sink basin with wash water and the other with rinse water.
- Let guests see water-efficiency kits installed on faucets in your kitchen and bathrooms.
- Run the dishwasher after the sun goes down.
Whether you’re hosting a party or going about your daily routine, living green has never been easier. You can power your home with 100% clean energy and save natural resources with our Conserve Collection. You’ll select a free product designed for water conservation, energy efficiency or solar power when you sign up.
Find a clean electricity plan that meets your household’s needs.
Enter your ZIP code to get started.