It’s looking good!
Based on your responses to the qualifying questions, you’re eligible to apply for a sustainability grant! Please email us at email@example.com to schedule an introductory call with our team.
Below are some sample questions and guidelines that will be addressed during the application process:
- Tell us about your organization, why it was established, and how it serves the local community.
- How does your organization currently foster sustainability?
- Sun Club sustainability projects are graded on their environmental, financial, and social impacts. We can help you identify these metrics, if needed.
- How will this sustainability project benefit your organization and your beneficiaries?
- Applicants must list the exact dollar amount requested for a grant to be reviewed, meaning quotes/bids should be collected before the application is reviewed.
- Supporting documentation is required for each element of the proposed sustainability project. (i.e., quotes, bids, invoices, receipts, etc.)
- Solar projects are required to have 3 solar bids on file for the application to be reviewed.
- Funding requests for sponsorships, general operating expenses, or administrative costs will be denied and should not be included in a grant request.
- Applicants must disclose any donations from other NRG Energy, Inc. brands and/or competing retail energy providers/suppliers.
- Be prepared to share the anticipated project timeline, notating any required internal approvals, fundraising goals, bidding, and any planned phases that must be completed before this proposed project.
- Grant recipients are expected to help communicate the sustainability project to their community, alongside Green Mountain Energy through broadcast, print media, and active social media platforms.
- Grant recipients are expected to promote Green Mountain Energy and the Sun Club program to their audience using any/all of the following: newsletters, blogs, promotional tabling, and guest speaking engagements.
- New recipients are expected to be in partnership with Green Mountain Energy for a minimum of 3 years.