A Little Background
It all started in central Vermont back in 1997. Our founders were a tight-knit family of flannel-wearing, sandal-footed, long-haired, tree-huggers. But they weren’t just a throwback – this team was on the leading edge of a new industry.
In between beer & BBQ on Magic Wednesdays and strolls in nearby apple orchards, they blazed a trail of renewable energy converts from California to Pennsylvania.
We’ve grown up since then. We’re now headquartered in a LEED® Platinum office space in the live music capital of the world. Instead of grilling out behind the office on Wednesday afternoons, we share our “backyard” with hundreds of thousands of customers.
But some things haven’t changed…we’re still on the front line of energy’s future. You won’t see many flannel shirts or sandals at our office, but we’re still passionate, driven idealists.
Every day we’re joined by more dreamers who believe they can make a difference in the world by starting with one small, simple step – supporting renewable energy.
- August 1997: Green Mountain Energy Resources, L.L.C. begins operations
- January 1999: We begin serving customers in Pennsylvania
- 1999: Super Earth, the company’s mascot and regular representative at sales and Sun Club events, is created and makes his first appearance in California
- July 2000: Green Mountain relocates from Vermont to new Austin, Texas headquarters to be closer to our customers in a state open to retail electric competition
- 2002: We begin to market and supply green power to Portland General Electric (PGE) customers in Oregon. This marks the beginning of a partnership spanning more than 10 years that has helped make PGE the #1 residential green power program in the U.S.1
- May 2002: Our customer-funded Big Texas Sun Club® program launches to donate solar energy to non-profits with a dedication to the Winston School. At the time, the 58 kW array to the Winston School is the largest solar facility in Dallas, Texas.
- October 2004: Our Commercial division launches and begins selling cleaner energy to business customers
- May 2006: Our company headquarters is certified as the 2nd LEED Commercial Interiors Silver space in Texas
- August 2008: J.D. Power & Associates names Green Mountain the “Highest in Residential Customer Satisfaction” among retail electric service providers in Texas
- August 2009: Green Mountain launches residential and commercial service in New York City as the area’s first retail supplier dedicated to cleaner energy
- January 2011: The Empire State Building becomes a Green Mountain customer and New York City’s largest commercial purchaser of 100% renewable energy at the time
- August 2011: The Austin Chamber of Commerce recognizes our environmental efforts with the Greater Austin Business Award for a Large Business in the Environment category
- June 2012: We begin offering electricity service to Pennsylvania homes and businesses in the PECO and PPL service territories
- 2012: The Big Texas Sun Club goes national as the Green Mountain Energy™ Sun Club™ with a donation to GrowNYC Union Square Greenmarket in New York
- August 2012: We celebrate 15 years as a green power pioneer
- December 2012: Keep Austin Beautiful honors us with its Dell Industry Leadership Award for the positive environmental impact we and our customers have by promoting renewable energy
- February 2013: The Green Ambassadors, our volunteer employee sustainability team, launches Sustainable Me, a program to encourage employees to reduce their environmental impact at work and at home
- April 2013: City of Austin Office of Sustainability awards Green Mountain platinum certification as an Austin Green Business Leader
- July 2013: The Sun Club installs its 50th solar facility at Armand Bayou Nature Center in Houston, Texas, marking over $2.3MM donated for solar energy to non-profits
- October 2013: Green Mountain’s headquarters in Austin, Texas, becomes certified as a LEED® Platinum Commercial Interior space, the first of its kind in the city
1 Source: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency