Our Business Structure
We sell cleaner electricity to both residential (home/condo/apartment) and commercial (business) customers.
We serve households in competitive markets in Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas.
In traditional monopoly utility markets, Green Mountain partners with utilities who want to offer renewable energy products to their customers.
Outside of these areas, Green Mountain offers renewable energy certificates (RECs) and carbon offset products to help reduce the environmental impact of everyday activities like electricity use, driving and flying.
Green Mountain is one of the premier retail providers of clean electricity products to businesses and institutions in competitive electricity markets in Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas.
Nationwide, we offer innovative, customized sustainability solutions to commercial clients, including carbon offsets and RECs as well as consulting and assistance with green marketing strategy, corporate sustainability reporting and voluntary emissions reporting.
Learn more about the products we sell in each market.
As a renewable energy, carbon offset and sustainability solutions provider, environmental sustainability is at the core of who we are, from the products we sell to the way we run our business. In particular, the following groups play a unique role in promoting environmentalism within the company:
Our Sustainability Department works with internal and external stakeholders to make sure Green Mountain is clean and green in all we do, including:
- Manage environmental claims, audits, and reporting to ensure the integrity of who we are and what we deliver to our customers
- Set an example of environmental excellence for employees, customers and other partners
- Share what we’ve learned with others by offering sustainability services and products
- Lead and grow Green Ambassadors employee sustainability team
Our all-volunteer employee sustainability team, the Green Ambassadors, includes 50+ employees company-wide who:
- Organize educational and service oriented activities to increase environmental awareness and action
- Review, update, and maintain company environmental practices and policies
- Protect and promote our culture of sustainability
We have around 650 employees across 11 regional offices. Our headquarters is in Austin, Texas, where we’re proud to have the first LEED® Platinum certified tenant office space in the city. We have a couple of other LEED certified offices in Houston and Philadelphia, as well, and are always looking for ways to improve green practices at all our offices.