Every year, there are a handful of resolutions that are considered mainstays, go-tos or even staples. We’ve added a touch of green to each of these, hoping you’ll help protect the planet while meeting your goals for 2018.
- Exercise. When you make a trip to the gym, walk or ride your bike to help reduce your vehicle’s driving emissions (plus, you’ll burn even more calories).
- Eat healthy. Organic fruits and veggies reduce the need for harmful pesticides and fertilizers. And buying meat from sustainably sourced farms rewards agricultural practices that don’t harm the environment.
- Curb your spending. Buying in bulk obviously saves you money, but it can also minimize packaging waste and reduce supply-chain needs (such as manufacturing and transportation).
- Spend more time with the family. Use quality time with the family as an opportunity to reconnect with nature. Take a walk in a green space, visit a nature center or explore an arboretum.
- Volunteer. Find your favorite planet-friendly nonprofit and donate your time. Here’s a list of ideas to get you started: GrowNYC, Science Barge, Snipes Farm and Education Center, Texas Discovery Gardens, the National Butterfly Center, Tree Pittsburgh and Trees for Houston.
- Organize your household. Every home has a checklist of needs, and staying on top of them can be quite a chore. When you sign up for 100% clean energy, you’ll be taking one thing off the to-do list and helping the planet at the same time. Make your eco-impact today by finding a pollution-free electricity plan that works for your home’s needs.
Find a clean electricity plan that meets your household’s needs.
Enter your ZIP code to get started.
That ZIP is served by multiple utilities.