Thinking about recycling the wrapping paper? You can take your green efforts a step further. By using the wrapping paper in fun, purposeful and decorative ways, you’ll earn your spot on The Nice List.
- Shred it for use as confetti at your New Year’s celebration.
- Use it for padding when you need to ship something, when storing fragile decorations and other family heirlooms, or when boxing next year’s holiday gifts.
- Creatively cut shapes and designs to make streamers, banners and decorations for the next birthday party or family gathering.
- Make lining for your drawers or for the backdrop of your bookcases.
- Cut and affix some pieces together to make a notepad for your grocery shopping lists.
- Arts and crafts with the kids: Create bookmarks, use as drawing paper or practice safety scissor techniques.
Connect with us on Facebook – we’d love to hear how you put the gift wrap to use. Also, feel free to share any of your tricks or ideas on how to ditch the wrapping paper altogether!