Sherpa® 50 Solar Kit
Power your laptop from the sun. Ultra-portable power supply for laptops, tablets, DVD players and more. Paired with durable solar panel for endless power.
- Recharge by: USB, 12V, AC
- Power Output: USB, 12V, AC*
- Ideal for: Tablet, Laptop**, Camera
- Kit Includes: Sherpa 50 & Nomad 13
- Weight: 2.8 lbs
*Inverter required for AC output (sold separately)
**Sherpa 50 will not power a MacBook Pro – use the Sherpa 100 instead
There are 3 ways to charge your Sherpa 50:
- The Sun: The Sherpa 50 can be charged by connecting a compatible solar panel (see the chart below for solar compatibility).
- Wall: The Sherpa 50 can be charged by being plugged into a regular wall outlet.
- Car: The Sherpa 50 can also be charged by plugging into your car 12V adapter.
|Charging From:||Switch 8||Guide 10 Plus||Sherpa 50||Sherpa 100|
|USB||4 Hours||6-10 Hours||N/A||N/A|
|Wall||N/A||N/A||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|Car||N/A||N/A||3 Hours||4 Hours|
|Nomad 7 Solar Panel||4-8 Hours||3-6 Hours||Not Recommended||Not Recommended|
|Nomad 13 Solar Panel||4 Hours||2.5-5 Hours||8-16 Hours||15-30 Hours|
|Nomad 20 Solar Panel||4 Hours||2.5-5 Hours||6-12 Hours||10-20 Hours|
|Boulder 30 Solar Panel||Not Compatible||Not Compatible||4-8 Hours||7-14 Hours|
|Charging From:||Yeti 150||Yeti 400||Yeti 1250|
|Wall||6 Hours||5 Hours||16-20 Hours|
|Car||8 Hours||13 Hours||40+ Hours|
|Nomad 7 Solar Panel||Not Recommended||Not Recommended||Not Recommended|
|Nomad 13 Solar Panel||26-52 Hours||Not Recommended||Not Recommended|
|Nomad 20 Solar Panel||17-34 Hours||40-80 Hours||125-250 Hours|
|Boulder 30 Solar Panel||11-22 Hours||26-52 Hours||80-160 Hours|
The Sherpa 50 powers your device in 3 ways:
- USB: The USB port best charges all your medium USB powered devices.
- Laptop Port: Use the included laptop tips to power your laptop without the need of the laptop wall charger. For Apple Laptop products, we strongly recommend using the Sherpa 100 Power Pack for the best performance.
- AC Inverter: Plug in your device just as you would to the wall with the removable inverter. (sold separately)
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to charge your device from Goal Zero Power Packs?
It takes the same amount of time to charge your device from a Goal Zero power pack as it does from the wall.
What can the Nomad 13 Solar Panel charge?
The Nomad 13 will directly charge most USB and 12V devices. Most handheld USB devices, include: Cell phone, smart phone, GPS, MP3 player
What Goal Zero products work best with the Nomad 13?
Goal Zero Switch 8 Recharger, Guide 10 Plus, Sherpa 50 Recharger, Rock Out Portable Speaker, Guardian 12V Charge Controller, Yeti 150, Yeti 400
Can I use the USB and 12V ports to charge devices simultaneously?
Yes. The Nomad 13 will split the incoming solar power between the two ports to charge devices simultaneously. Some devices may not be compatible.
How many times will our batteries charge your device?
|Charges:||Switch 8||Sherpa 50||Sherpa 100||Yeti 150||Yeti 400||Yeti 1250|
|Headlamp (4 Watt-Hours)||2 Charges||12 Charges||25 Charges||37 Charges||100 Charges||300+ Charges|
|Smartphone (5-7 Watt-Hours)||1 Charge||7 Charges||14 Charges||15 Charges||30+ Charges||100+ Charges|
|GoPro® (5 Watt-Hours)||1-2 Charges||9 Charges||18 Charges||25 Charges||70+ Charges||200+ Charges|
|Digital Camera (8 Watt-Hours)||1 Charge||5 Charges||10 Charges||12 Charges||20+ Charges||100+ Charges|
|Tablet (25-42 Watt-Hours)||25% Boost||1-2 Charges||2-4 Charges||6 Charges||10+ Charges||45+ Charges|
|Laptop (50 Watt-Hours)||N/A||1 Charge||1-2 Charges||1-2 Charges||3-5 Charges||20+ Charges|
Sherpa 50 Tech Specs
- Product SKU: 11004
- Chainable: Yes
- Weight: 1.2 lbs (544 g)
- UV Coated to prevent scratching
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 1.5 x 5.25 in (11.4 x 3.8 x 13.3 cm)
- Operating usage temp.: 32-104 F (0-40 C)
- Certs: CE, FCC, ROHS
- Warranty 6 months
- Wall Charger (30W): 3 hours
- Car Charger (30W): 3 hours
- Nomad 13 Solar Panel: 8-16 Hours
- Nomad 20 Solar Panel: 6-12 Hours
- Cell Type: Li-NMC
- Peak Capacity: 58Wh (11V, 5200mAh)
- Lifecycles: hundreds of cycles
- Shelf-life: Keep plugged in, or charge every 3-6 months
- Fuses: 15A, user replaceable fuse
- Management system: Charging and low-battery protection built-in
- LED (output): 100mW, white LED
- USB port (output): 5V, up to 1.5A (7.5W max), regulated
- 6mm port (output, 6mm, green, hexagon): 12V, up to 8A (100W max), regulated
- laptop port (output, 7.4mm, orange, square): 19V, up to 5A (100W max), regulated
- sidecar port (chain, 9mm): 9-13V, up to 10A (100W max)
- AC inverter US (output, sold separately): 110V, up to 0.7 (75W max), 60Hz, modified sine wave
- AC inverter Int. (output, sold separately): 220V, up to 0.35A (75W max), 50Hz, modified sine wave
- charging port (input, 8mm, blue circle): 14-25V, up to 2A (30W max)
Nomad 13 Solar Panel Tech Specs
- Product SKU: 12003
- Weight: 1.6 lbs (726 g)
- Dimensions (folded): 10.5 x 9 x 1 in (26.7 x 23 x 2.5 cm)
- Certs: CE, FCC, ROHS
- Warranty 12 months
What It Charges
- Goal Zero Yeti 150: 26-52 hours
- Sherpa 50 v2: 8-16 Hours
- Guide 10 Plus: 2.5-5 Hours
- Rated Power: 13W
- Open Circuit Voltage: 18-22V
- Cell Type: Monocystalline
- USB Port: 5V, up to 1A (5W max), regulated
- Solar Port (blue, 8mm): 14-22V, up to 0.9A (13W max)
- Mini Solar Port (2.5mm): 6.5V, up to 1.1A (7W max)
- 1 x Sherpa 50 Recharger
- 1 x Nomad 13 Solar Panel
- 1 x AC wall charger
- 1 x 12V Adapter