Holiday season is here, and that means it’s time to settle in with friends and family and remember what we’re most thankful for. This year, we’ve seen the renewable energy industry grow and prosper. Natural resources like the wind, water, and sun have brought a lot to the table, so to speak, in 2014! These are reasons why we’re thankful for clean energy…
- With the first signs of winter starting to show, we’re feeling especially grateful for the sun! Even the slightest rays can make huge difference. Did you know that solar panels can produce energy even on a wintery, cloudy day? Just make sure your panels are cleared of snow and watch the panels work their magic!
- Speaking of the sun, this year, a home or business in the U.S. adopted solar every four minutes! We’re excited to see solar technology become more prevalent and make a bigger dent in renewable energy generation.
- Last year, renewable power sources generated 38 million megawatt-hours of energy in Texas, and all but 3 percent of that came from wind farms! As our version of the old holiday song goes, “Let it blow, let it blow, let it blow…”
- With many parts of our nation continuing to endure severe drought conditions, innovators are making strides to help consumers conserve. Water conservation applications like dropcountr and E-Water Footprint can measure your water use and give you tips to save! Also, learn about our new Pollution Free™ WaterSaver product.
- Our customers’ belief in renewable energy is at the core of Green Mountain, and that belief is the reason we’ve been in business for more than 17 years. Since our inception, our customers’ choice of renewable energy has helped avoid more than 30.6 billion pounds of carbon dioxide emissions entering the atmosphere, which is like planting 3.6 million trees – a significant environmental impact to be thankful for!
Also, read about some of the latest trends in cleantech in our recap from the 2014 Renewable Energy Markets conference in Sacramento.