Memorial Day weekend is finally here, which means that summertime is just around the corner. There are many reasons to celebrate this weekend, including the ENERGY STAR® sales tax holiday, which offers Texas shoppers state and local sales tax breaks on appliances that can help your home operate efficiently – especially important when temperatures start to rise.
The sales tax holiday begins Saturday, May 24, and ends on Monday, May 26. Shoppers can get the tax break both in-store and online, wherever these products are sold.
The products qualifying for the exemption include:
- Air conditioners priced at $6,000 or less
- Refrigerators priced at $2,000 or less
- Ceiling fans
- Incandescent and fluorescent light bulbs
- Clothes washers*
- Certain programmable thermostats**
Check out ENERGY STAR Sales Tax Holiday Information for more details on qualifying purchases.
And don’t forget – our Energy Saver Store has great deals on energy efficiency products for your home year-round. Happy shopping!
* Clothes dryers are not included. Because most dryers use similar amounts of energy to one another, ENERGY STAR does not certify them.
** ENERGY STAR specification of programmable thermostats was suspended on December 31, 2009; however, any existing stock of ENERGY STAR labeled programmable thermostats offered for sale by retailers is still eligible for the exemption.