The choice for an electricity plan backed by 100 percent solar power is now available to New York and Pennsylvania residents. Green Mountain’s SolarSPARC™ 100 electricity plan enables customers to power their homes with 100 percent solar power while also supporting the local development of new solar and receiving credit for the facilities built through this program.
If you don’t already know, solar is a bright-spot for New York and Pennsylvania. Just check out these facts:
- In April 2014, the Philadelphia City Council unanimously committed to powering 20,000 homes with solar energy by 2025
- The 3 megawatt (MW) solar PV system in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, is the largest such system east of the Mississippi River
- New York ranks 12th for installed solar capacity, producing enough solar energy to power more than 30,900 homes
- New York has committed $1 billion over the next 10 years with a goal of installing 3,000 MW of solar statewide.
- Since 2012, 300 MW of solar capacity has been added or is under development in New York
In connection with the launch of the SolarSPARC program in New York and Pennsylvania, Green Mountain is kick-starting the effort by funding the development of the first SolarSPARC project, before any customers sign-up. The company is currently evaluating sites to host a solar array in Pennsylvania or New York.
Read the press release we shared today and head to www.greenmountainenergy.com/home-energy-solutions/solarSPARCto learn more about signing up!