The Sun Club spread some serious sunshine this Earth Month with a total of 4 solar donations and 2 array dedications, reaching non-profits in 3 states – all of that math adds up to one very busy April!
- We warmed up the month with $60,000 in donations to Armand Bayou Nature Center and Valley Nature Center, two fabulous non-profits committed to preserving natural resources and educating the public on renewable and restorative environmental practices.
- Brookhaven College got a boost of renewable energy with a $60,000 donation to fund a series of solar arrays to be installed on their campus later this year. Brookhaven offers a wide variety of courses and unique programs to some 12,000 students who will learn about the solar arrays and sustainable energy sources with expanded environmental curricula. Faculty across various disciplines at the college will also adopt teaching lessons on solar energy.
- The Sun Club headed North East to make sure the plants over at Greensgrow Farms could grow even greener with a $20,000 donation for a solar energy source, making the farm our first Philadelphia recipient to receive a major solar donation.
- We also got Greyston Bakery to start baking brownies with a helping of sunshine as we flipped the switch on their new solar array!
- To round out the month, the animals at the Texas Humane Heroes, a non-profit No Kill animal adoption center, decreased their carbon paw print last week with the installation of the shelter’s new solar panels! The panels were funded by a $50,000 donation made this past January, and were installed on a pavilion in their brand new Memorial Garden, a place for pet owners to sit and remember pets they have loved and lost. The array was dedicated in a special ceremony during a volunteer event at the shelter. Photos from the event are on our Flickr page.
Earth Month may have come to an end, but the Sun Club never rests! We’ve got plenty more donations and dedications in the works for the coming months, and through the rest of the year. Of course, none of these donations would be possible without the monthly contributions of our dedicated Sun Club members. If you haven’t joined the Sun Club yet, please go to www.gmsunclub.com and learn how you, too, can help us spread sunshine to great non-profits across the country!