Green Mountain Energy Company is excited to announce we are bringing Pollution FreeTM electricity to Pennsylvania! By expanding into the PECO and PPL service territories, Green Mountain Energy enables Pennsylvania customers to support renewable energy and help reduce the demand for traditional fossil-fueled electricity. By joining us in our mission to change the way power is made, Green Mountain customers have already avoided more than 19 billion pounds of carbon dioxide (CO2)emissions, the equivalent of every house in Pennsylvania turning off its lights for two years!
Pennsylvania Offerings and Environmental Impact
Green Mountain Energy offers Pennsylvanians the choice between two cleaner, renewable electricity products:
Pollution Free™ electricity
- Made from regional wind and water sources
- An average eastern Pennsylvania household can avoid 1,100 lbs of carbon dioxide CO2 emissions in a year.*
Pollution Free Gold™ electricity
- Made from regional wind and solar sources. This product offers 5% solar, the most solar power content of any competitive electricity product in Pennsylvania
- An average eastern Pennsylvania household can avoid 11,500 lbs of carbon dioxide CO2 emissions in a year. *
Both products are available as month-to-month variable price and 12-month Reliable Rate fixed price plans. Plus, we’ll contribute $1 towards a Pennsylvania tree planting on behalf of each new customer.
Green Mountain Energy’s Commercial Services division is offering business customers customized cleaner energy solutions made with varying percentages of renewable resources.
Sign up today!
Pennsylvania residents and businesses interested in signing up for cleaner energy can visit www.greenmountain.com/Pennsylvania/ or call 855-PA-GOGREEN (855-724-6473). We look forward to helping Pennsylvania residents use wind, sun and water…for good.
* Based on 874 kWh average monthly usage.