Neutralize Your Carbon Footprint
Day-to-day activities like driving, flying and consuming electricity from fossil fuels have an impact on the environment and contribute to your carbon footprint. In fact, the average American emits approximately 20,750 pounds of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions per year. You can start reducing your impact on the environment today by following these simple steps.
- Use this handy tool from the EPA to calculate your carbon footprint.
- Enter the tons of CO2 emissions you produce in the dropdown box below.
- Determine what % of your total emissions you want to offset in the box below.
- Add to cart and checkout via PayPal to purchase the carbon offsets.
How Do Carbon Offsets Work?
Carbon offsets are investments in projects that reduce or avoid carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions that contribute to climate change. After making direct reductions in your carbon footprint, for example by conserving energy and limiting travel, carbon offsets are the best way to shrink your carbon footprint.
Why Choose Carbon Offsets from Green Mountain?
- High quality standards: Our carbon offsets are sourced using industry-leading third party certification standards, such as the Verified Carbon Standard, Climate Action Reserve, and Clean Development Mechanism. These standards ensure that offsets are real, permanent, verifiable, and beyond “business as usual.”
- Large portfolio of projects: Includes methane capture at landfills and wastewater treatment facilities, forestry projects, energy efficiency, and more.
- Experience in the market: We’ve been around since 1997, helping consumers and businesses reduce their impact on the environment.
View the carbon offsets and renewable energy projects across the nation that we – and our customers – support.